The practice of psychology
related to the legal system. Some of the specific areas of work include:
- Jury selection and case strategy
- Expert opinion/testimony on questions of a
- Assessing receptiveness and response to
- Assessing level of dangerousness
- Explaining the effects of psychological
conditions and illness
- Designing and conducting treatment programs
for offenders and people at risk.
- Preparing profiles of various types of
offender (e.g., sexual offenders, arsonists, etc.)
- Teach courses or provide professional
development workshops on forensic topics
- Providing crisis intervention and critical
incident debriefing for police and other emergency personnel
involved in crises.
- Training local and federal officers in
communication skills, conflict management, defusing anger, team
building, enforcement strategies, and supervisory skills.
and gratis opinion offered to attorneys
(re: latest research on a needed subject, suggesting ideas for
gathering MH evidence, mitigation, etc.)
To get more information